Storm Wisdom Blog
You’ve probably noticed I don’t really edit my writing. It is a bit of a thought dump…, and if I really took the time to edit for grammar, punctuation and spelling, it would be too much of a task or burden. It would take me so long to “get it right”, that I probably would have given up on writing a long time ago.
I do usually take one good look for those glaring mistakes – which I still sometimes miss anyway.
The process is like this… I write…, I read it out loud to myself or Fito. Fix any obvious problems and then send it off to my trusty tech-guy Paul, who then gets it into the right template/format. When the entire newsletter is done, I get it back and do a review and approval… and send it off for publishing.
What I found last week when I re-read the article (Ebb and Flow) after it was in the final format, was that I feeling ‘guilt’ while reading it. As if my present circumstances seemed too luxurious or like I wasn’t doing enough. I wasn’t “working hard enough”. Or maybe I was just being lazy. read more…
It feels a little bit weird these days writing these articles. I have stepped away from the business of running Storm Wisdom and I’m really only there a few hours a week (at the most) Gisela, Millie and Mary Helen are running the place and actually have been in that role for a long time.
For the last few years, I have been doing the accounting, bill paying, payroll and those sort of administrative duties. These functions only require a couple of hours a week at the most. This means I am finally realigning my time to match my effort.
What that means when it comes to these newsletters is that I am not having all the juicy conversations that naturally come up when you’re in a spiritual center. I am not interacting with and learning from all the visitors, clients and friends who walk through the front door.
These interactions were the catalysts for so many of the posts I have written in the past. Not being as engaged has shifted or changed a lot of that. AND.., I am spending more time alone. I have been hiking everyday. And that is the most consistent thing I can boast about or claim. It is cathartic and enjoyable… but it does not inspire the level of self-reflection that being inside the walls of Storm Wisdom does.
Everything feels weird. But it also feels right. read more…
Maybe you’ve noticed the banner below regarding ‘Casita Serena’. This is the guesthouse we originally built for my mom.., Ruthie. She lived here for just over 10 years. After her passing, we decided to convert it into a vacation rental.
This is all new to us. And everything feels different!
There is some work involved in setting up a space for guests. Everything from furniture, towels and linens, amenities, decor and even setting up the systems and calendars for this type of endeavor.
The biggest adjustment is how to share your space with new guests, who for the most part, you don’t know. Of course the services such as AirBnB or VRBO do a lot of the screening and verification. But the truth is, we don’t know much about them till they arrive.
Every guest (or group) is different. Knowing how to interact, what to offer or even recommend is a bit of a shot in the dark. You can’t know, until you know! You can hope you are hitting the mark. Yet in truth, you basically go into each rental with fingers crossed!
Magic is in the air!
Actually, magic is ALWAYS in the air. Sometimes we just need to pay attention. It is a bit like our intuition or should I say intuitive senses. We are all intuitive, but the more we pay attention to (and trust) these senses, the more they reveal themselves.
This is true for magic too. We are always working with the energetic field that surrounds us. We are connected and an integral part of this unified field. Yet so often we feel disconnected or separate from it. As if we are going it alone!
Harmony with the field is our natural state. However, our thoughts, beliefs, attitude and perception can often feel more powerful. It is easy to believe we are alone or disconnected from everything going on around us.
Sometimes it feels like we “almost” grabbed the “brass ring”. It feels like something we want is within reach. It is right there, but we can’t quite put our hands on it. Rather than recognizing that this is something within us that is preventing that thing from manifesting.., we begin to feel like it is the Universe working against us. As if we are separate or on different sides.
That is never the case. read more…
- Guilt Be Gone February 17, 2018
- Ebb and Flow February 11, 2018
- The Beauty of Transformation February 4, 2018
- Magic is in the air! January 28, 2018
- Time To Live It January 21, 2018
- A New Recipe January 14, 2018
- The Journey of Remembering January 7, 2018
- Plenty to Choose From December 31, 2017
- Staying Present-It’s Worth It December 24, 2017
- We Are All in This Together December 17, 2017
- A Positive Thing December 10, 2017
- I’m Not Lost December 3, 2017
- I Slip Between Worlds November 26, 2017
- Ride the Wave November 19, 2017
- Checked Out November 12, 2017
- You’ve Got This November 5, 2017
- Time is a Trickster October 29, 2017
- Mind Game October 22, 2017
- Keep On Keeping On October 15, 2017
- She Did it Her Way October 8, 2017
- Improvised Dance October 1, 2017
- Being a Performer September 24, 2017
- Now – The New Normal September 17, 2017
- Letting Go September 10, 2017
- Today is our Anniversary! September 3, 2017
- I Believe in the Properties of Crystals September 1, 2017
- Future-Tripping August 27, 2017
- The Basics (and an Eclipse!) August 20, 2017
- Why We Exist August 18, 2017
- A Crystal Cocktail for Being in the Moment August 14, 2017
- Freeing the Courageous Man August 13, 2017
- My Time August 6, 2017
- Treading Water July 30, 2017
- Circle of Life July 23, 2017
- Unplugging July 16, 2017
- Soul Star & Earth Star – Revisited July 9, 2017
- Where We Go From Here July 2, 2017
- Reflecting June 25, 2017
- Comfort Zone June 18, 2017
- A Feisty Adolescent June 11, 2017
- Whispers Instead of Shouts June 4, 2017
- Self-Sabotage May 28, 2017
- Breadcrumbs May 21, 2017
- Simply Fantastic May 14, 2017
- A Thousand Miles May 7, 2017
- Breathe That In April 30, 2017
- Sending Love to James April 23, 2017
- Friendship – You Light Me Up April 16, 2017
- Bankruptcy – Something to be Grateful For April 9, 2017
- The Beauty of Community April 2, 2017
- Stay Present – Going with the Flow March 26, 2017
- Bathed in Beauty March 19, 2017
- Taking My Hands off the Controls – Emotional Dexterity March 12, 2017
- Give Your Inner Critic a Break March 5, 2017
- Setting Healthy Boundaries – Giving Myself Permission February 26, 2017
- Follow the Energy – It’s All Yours February 19, 2017
- Honor Your Uniqueness – A Cosmic Puzzle Piece February 11, 2017
- Stay Present – Created by the Future February 5, 2017
- Follow The Energy – It’s Who We Are Becoming January 29, 2017
- Take Care of Yourself – Put Your Mask on First January 22, 2017
- Emotional Dexterity – Lost While on Track January 15, 2017
- Personal Authority – The Right Direction January 8, 2017
- Honor Your Uniqueness January 1, 2017
- Right Time, Right Place December 25, 2016
- Life can be a Roller Coaster December 18, 2016
- Stop Whining December 11, 2016
- Being Human December 4, 2016
- Feeling Alone in a Crowd November 27, 2016
- Grateful for Community November 20, 2016
- When One Door Closes November 13, 2016
- Checked Out November 6, 2016
- My Latest Shit-Storm October 30, 2016
- Time to Soar October 23, 2016
- It’s All Energy Baby! October 16, 2016
- You Can’t Have it ALL (or can you?) October 9, 2016
- Still Center October 1, 2016
- More Questions Than Answers September 25, 2016
- More Space Means Less Stress September 18, 2016
- What’s the Point September 11, 2016
- Metamorphosis September 4, 2016
- An Emotional Teeter-totter! August 28, 2016
- The New / Next Version of You August 21, 2016
- Emotional Reduction Sauce August 14, 2016
- Master Juggler August 6, 2016
- Embrace Magic July 31, 2016
- What to Expect In Heaven July 29, 2016
- Beauty July 23, 2016
- Reflections on Becoming July 17, 2016
- You Are Light July 9, 2016
- We Are Remembering July 3, 2016
- No Way to Fail June 26, 2016
- The Gift of Storytelling June 19, 2016
- Hanging Out In the Middle – A Lesson 12 years in the Making June 12, 2016
- The Universe Called – Roto-Rooter Answered June 5, 2016
- Taking the Weight Off May 29, 2016
- Emotional Spring Cleaning May 22, 2016
- As Much As Things Change… May 15, 2016
- 7 Amazing Years May 8, 2016
- Stay in the Flow May 1, 2016
- A Beautiful Constraint April 24, 2016
- Time to Celebrate – Save the Date April 17, 2016
- Thinking About Death April 10, 2016
- Own the Spiral Baby April 3, 2016
- Another Piece to the Puzzle March 27, 2016
- Stepping Off the Treadmill March 20, 2016
- Exactly What We Do March 13, 2016
- Crisis of Compassion March 6, 2016
- Turn on the Light February 28, 2016
- Welcome to the Jungle February 21, 2016
- Trees in the Forest February 14, 2016
- The Past – Not a Navigation Tool February 7, 2016
- Subtle Energy, Subtle Change January 31, 2016
- A Moving Ship January 24, 2016
- One can Dream January 17, 2016
- It’s the Kids January 10, 2016
- A New ‘Activity Center’ January 3, 2016
- Harmony and Balance December 27, 2015
- Tools of the Trade December 20, 2015
- A New Perspective December 13, 2015